Hola, hola, hello,
Here comes the festive holidays filled with love and unforgettable momentos. We are always excited to share our momentos (moments) with the family and friends. It makes those momentos so special since life is filled with surprises. Of course, this is the baking season that warms the heart with nostalgia.
My abuelita’s (grandmother) favorite ingredient has always been Nestlé® La Lechera®. This secret ingredient, always helped her to create some delicious desserts for her nietos consentidos (darling grandchildren). As a tradition, my grandmother enjoyed bonding with her grandchildren by creating all the desserts she could during the holiday season. My abuelita was always happy with the result of her desserts as she always spoke of the quality and consistency of her favorite secret ingredient.
This season reminds me of all the delicious sweets and delicious smells lingering coming from her kitchen. Since abuelita is not with us anymore, it is with joy that I continue the tradition of creating long-lasting memories with my family using Nestlé® La Lechera® as my favorite ingredient.
There are many recetas (recipes) de la Abuelita that I still love to make during the holidays, such as, tres leches and rice pudding but today I chose to prepare her No bake Cold Cake recipe. This quick, easy and tasty recipe is a win-win family dessert that can be enjoyed for any occasion. However, you can enjoy it as we do, during the festive season.
- 1 large pack of Maria biscuit
- 2 can heavy cream
- 1 can fruit cocktail
- 1 can Nestlé® La Lechera®
- Blend La Lechera® with heavy cream.
- In a container of your choice, place a layer of a set of two biscuit.
- Place a layer of cream on top then add a layer of mixed fruit cocktail.
- We add two more layers of biscuit, cream and fruit cocktail
- In a blender or Ninja juice maker pulse heavy cream and place on top.
- To decorate, we add three red cherries and a mint leaf since it is for the festive season.
- This is made ahead of time, overnight for best result.
Sabroso Pastel Frio de la Abuelita
- 1 paquete grande de galleta Maria
- 2 latas de crema pesada
- 1 lata grande de coctel de frutas
- 1 lata de Nestlé® La Lechera®
- Mezcle la lechera ® con crema espesa.
- En un contenedor, coloque una capa de un conjunto de dos galletas.
- Coloque una capa de crema en la parte superior y luego añada una capa de coctel de frutas mixtas.
- Añadimos dos capas más de galletas, crema y coctel de frutas
- En una licuadora o Ninja haga la nata y coloca en la parte superior.
- Para decorar, añadimos tres cerezas rojas y una hoja de menta ya que es para la temporada festiva.
Of course, for every occasion, we enjoy shopping at our local Walmart to get our ingredients and you can find these cans of sweetness on the shelf at an awesome price ranging from $1.47-$1.58 (depending on location.) You can find them in the aisle where baking ingredients such as spices, flour and of course, Nestlé® La Lechera®!
Our family traditions is filled with beautiful memories of the abuelitas Española y Mexicana. Now the abuelitas have passed away, it has become a heritage that we enjoy more than ever. Having these recipes to share with our children is priceless, unforgettable momentos. Do your family has traditions or favorite recipes? Please share them with us in the comments below!!