Tasty comfort soup Mexican style to warm the tummy, Pressure Cooker Tasty Lentils Soup. Great for any occasion to share with family and friends.
Oh, these days are so pleasant. I am ashamed sometimes at the lovely weather we have while others are so cold, brrr! Oh, it is cold enough for us who are sued to living in the hot flaming sunshine. I am so happy for little trivial things we normally take for granted. OH, I have become such a late starter. Yeah, I am spoiled with this Pressure cooker, really! I get caught up in life and then I hurry to get cooking.
Yeah, it seems like I have been cooking all day, lol. No of course not. It really does not take any longer than 20 minutes. Oh yes, that is all it takes. I had the table set and food ready in 30 minutes and waited for the others to sit down. This was the first and certainly will not be the last but everyone was amazed and happy. Here is my recipe for you to try.
Pressure Cooker Tasty Lentils Soup
- 1 lb brown lentils sorted and rinsed
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ t . smoked paprika
- 1 t . salt
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cups green beans chopped ½"
- 1 can garbanzo or ½ cup fresh
- 1 cup chayote diced
- 1 lb. potatoes diced
- 1 bunch spinach chopped (optional)
- 8 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Manually use the Saute function on the electric model.
- Saute onions, garlic until onions comes clear.
- Stir in the lentils and vegetables to combine.
- Add water to cover about an inch over.
- Lock the lid into place and set time to 20 minutes on electric model.
- Use the quick release method to release the pressure until it is safe to unlock the lid.
- Stir in the spinach, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Modelo Eléctrico: Lentejas
- 1 libra de lentejas lavados
- 1 cebolla picados
- 3 ajos picados
- 1 1/2 paprika ahumada
- 1 t. sal
- 1 taza de sanahoria picados
- 1 cups green beans chopped 1/2″
- 1 lata de garbanzo or 1/2 taza de garbanzos fresco
- 1 libra de papas diced
- 1 taza de espinaca
- 8 vasos de agua
- Sal y pimienenta a sabor
Instrucciones Modelo Eléctrico
- Manualmente, utilice la función de saltear en el modelo eléctrico.
- Saltea cebollas y ajo hasta que la cebolla viene claro.
- Revuelve las lentejas y las verduras para combinar bien.
- Agrega agua para que cubra aproximadamente dos pulgada ensima.
- Cierre la tapa en el lugar y ponga el tiempo manualmente a 20 minutos en el modelo eléctrico. Si no te gusta muy suave 18 minutos esta bien.
- Utilice el método manual para liberar la presión hasta que sea seguro para desbloquear la tapa.
This was a great catch as lentils is so versatile and you can really make it as simple or as rich as you choose. It is full of fiber and iron, a healthy meal in 20 minutes. It is awesome for those lacking iron and has problems with fibroids or fibrosis. It gives lots of energy and a comfort food on a cold chilly day. It keeps you warm and cuddly.
Note. You can add the meat you desire (chicken, sausage, beef or pork.) It will blend in well. I will do that on another post for you.
So get cooking and enjoy this Tasty Lentils Soup with your family. You can leave me a comment and let me know what recipe you would like to see on this blog and I will oblige. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Enjoy! Buen Provecho!!
©Maricela, All Rights Reserved. Written for: Emy Cooks Momentos