Abuelita’s Tasty Mexican Stew Chicken
But back to back-to-school meals, I have been craving some of my tía (aunt) home made Pollo a la olla Mexicano for some time and checking my timer to see how quickly I can do this recipe for one of those busy back to school days. I am excited to be modifying my tia’s recipe and I am sure she will not mind as long as I use the basics. In this recipe, I will be using Pace Salsa which is a brand most of my whole family love as it provides a variety of options to add to our meal rotation. It is full of flavor that add a kick of flavor that never disappoints to snacking and meals. We enjoy the Genuine South West flavor which is made with handpicked vegetables and take snacking and cooking to another level. These products sure give the food some extra ordinary boost.
- 1½ lbs of chicken muscles or thighs
- 2 tablespoon Pace salsa
- 2 garlic dice
- ¼ cup Prego Italian sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small onion dice
- 10 large stuffed olives (optional)
- ¼ cup cooking wine (optional)
- A pinch of Oregano
- A pinch of Basil
- A tsp of diced parsley
- Olive oil to fry
- Season with Salt and spice to taste
- Wash and season chicken with the spices of your choice. In a pot, add and heat some olive oil to fry the chicken then put apart. In the same pot add onions and garlic, add potatoes, carrots as well as some water to cover the potatoes.
- Add Prego sauce and leave to boil. Season with oregano, basil and chicken. At this time you can add olives and cook at medium heat for an hour or until chicken is well done. You can eat this with only rice or add some stew beans as well. Your choice!
Wait, I have a secret to make this recipe even tastier. I found this secret by chance. There is a Prego Italian Sauce that I tried in my sauce and it sure made a success with my family. You can try this sauce in your favorite sauce, I enjoy this Italian Pasta sauce as it has the spices and herbs that are rooted in Italian American heritage. It certainly has that homemade taste and prefect balance of sweet and savory Italian flavor. As a mom cook, I was happy to serve this sauce as it is a familiar and comforting sauce to serve your family, that you know they will like every time. They will feel satisfied with whatever delicious dish your provide for them on your busy days.
For the Spanish speaking folks who would like the recipe in Spanish, click here.
Para los leyentes de habla español, puede cojer la receta en español aqui Abuelita Pollo de Olla .