Scholastic Summer Reading Bus in Florida and
Saturday, June 18, 2016
Hey All you awesome readers,
Come on over and join Scholastic on the ultimate reading road trip and their stop Is Miami with our favorite authors, illustrators, and characters! Yes, Scholastic brings “Summer Reading Road Trip” RV & pop-up book festival at Books & Books (Saturday, June 18 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET. Scholastic Summer Reading Bus in Florida and #Giveaway, come see those great authors and get some of their signatures on your book.
WHAT: In an effort to get kids reading this summer, the Scholastic Summer Reading Road Trip RV will visit Books and Books on June 18, 2016 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET. Kids and families will have the opportunity to participate in their very own “pop-up” reading festival, meet some of their favorite authors and illustrators, and engage in fun reading activities. The RVs will visit 25+ U.S. cities nationwide throughout the summer, traveling more than 10,000 miles to spread the message about the importance of summer reading to kids.
At the reading road trip stop kids and families will enjoy a fun day of free reading activities including:
· Author visit and book signing(s)
· An activity tent filled with reading activities
· Giveaway tables and a prize wheel
· Animated photo stations with Clifford the Big Red Dog® and “Slappy” from Goosebumps®
· “Instaframes” picture stations for kids to show-off their “reading muscles”
· Costume characters including: Clifford the Big Red Dog® and Geronimo Stilton
WHERE: Books & Books
265 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 45209
WHEN: Saturday, June 18, 2016
TIME: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Bring the Family over, kids are invited to enjoy the fun activities. There will also be some great authors visiting and book signing. Come see the fun we will have for you: printables and frisbees for the 2016 Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge, our free, online summer reading program that helps kids take the “summer leap” into great books, see more about the summer program here. Let’s get the kids into a great start educationally and physically.
I just found out about this, did you know that:
– Summer Reading Road Trip – Scholastic will bring family reading festivals to kids and families across 25+ U.S. cities, beginning May 2nd through July 31st, with top authors and illustrators visiting each city visit. Two summer reading RVs will visit bookstores, schools and libraries across the country with a “pop-up” reading events. Cities include: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Orlando, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle and more.
– This year’s challenge is “Be a Reading Superhero” and kids read to be “Best in State” – Starting on May 9th (after teacher pre-registration), kids will be encouraged to build their “reading muscles.” Throughout the 18 weeks of summer, kids will unlock fun stories from 18 children’s authors. We are celebrating EVERY state this year by celebrating each top school with a “Best in State” celebration. To sign up, visit www.scholastic.com/summer
Emy Cooks is giving away some wonderful summer reading books. One lucky winner will receive a package of these great books. You can meet these fabulous writers at the event.
– Christina Diaz Gonzalez (Moving Target)
– Walter Wick (I Spy)
– Mike Haihack (Cleopatra in Space)
– Lisa McCourt (You Can Do It, Stinky Face)
You are invited to join us with our Children Summer Reading Books GIVEAWAY!!! Come join in the #SummerReading fun #Giveaway!!
*One entrant per household/I.P address/email/social media**. This giveaway is open to USA ONLY and 18 years or older. This giveaway will run from 6/17/16 at 12:00 PM until 07/01/16 at 11:59 AM EST. The winner will be contacted within 24 hours of the giveaway ending via EMAIL and will have 24 hours to claim their prize or it will be forfeited. The winner will be chosen using random.org. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or Pinterest.